Tuesday 5 March 2013

Ashopton and Ladybower

Misty view of Ladybower from Ding Bank Farm
(Canon EOS 60D, Tamron 10-24mm @ 21mm)
I've come out of hibernation now that spring has (hopefully) arrived. Today was bright and sunny so I took myself off for a walk to Ashopton and the Ladybower reservoir. The start of the walk was cold and morning mist still hung over the reservoir but, as I climbed, the mist thinned and the views improved.
View from near Whinstone Lee Tor
 At the top of the climb the view down into the Derwent Valley is good, though still quite misty. I followed the bridleway round below the various rock outcrops. I'll leave a visit to them for a later time.
Peak Footpaths Society sign with White Tor in the background
 You may be able to make out a few small patches of snow still lying on the hills.
Grindle Clough at its entrance to Ladybower
 Once back down at the level of the reservoir the walk becomes an easy stroll along a forestry track back to Ashopton.
Ashopton Viaduct
The A57 Snake Pass road crosses the Ladybower  on this elegant concrete viaduct.

3 comments:

  1. Very atmospheric. Making me homesick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos make me long to visit the UK. You have such a beautiful country, I know that has a lot to do with all the rain, but rain makes for all the lovely greenery and flowers. That misty bridge shot is gorgeous.
    Have a marvelous day.
    Your blogging friend, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Connie. I'm sure you would love the English scenery. Perhaps not as spectacular as some countries but it has an overall gentle beauty that I love.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.