|Mow Cop Castle|
Mow Cop Castle is an eye-catcher folly in the village of Mow Cop on the Staffordshire-Cheshire border. It was built in 1754 for Randle Wilbraham of Rode Hall in Cheshire to enhance his view and to serve as a summer house. After a chequered history involving disputed ownership, neglect and illegal quarrying the folly was handed over into the care of the National Trust in 1937. This photo taken in glorious spring weather this afternoon.